Linux is for Desktops?!

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Aug 27 09:54:34 PDT 2001

If you find bugs, learn the Bugzilla system, search for duplicate bugs, then
post!  Chances are your bug will be fixed by Red Hat 7.2, but only if you
make it known.  They want to know about ANY kind of bug, be it hardware
support, user interface, programs crashing... anything.

http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla

If you want CJK viewing in KDE, install the appropriate packages.  Look for
kde*Japanese* kde*Chinese* kde*Korean rpm packages. All three exist, along
with many other languages.

Is Linux ready for the desktop?  I'd argue yes, but only for schools and
certain workplaces where they need only basic productivity applications
(Office, graphics) and no specialized programs and/or games.  Note that with
the latest web browsers and CodeWeaver's Wine CrossOver plugin, the
capability of viewing ANY web page with ANY type of media is very near.