?? meeting announcement confirmation ??

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Aug 22 00:21:48 PDT 2001

If anyone can find a friendly nearby booth that can share an Internet
connection, please let me know.  All we would need is one 802.11 card in a
gateway doing NAT for the rest of the booth demo machines.  If we are unable
to do this, then we will need the cell phone modem.  All we need is a
notebook computer to dial with the cell phone, and another 10/100 ethernet
card (either PCMCIA or USB) to be the gateway for the booth computers.  My
friend Mary has a Pentium notebook running Linux and a USB ethernet
adapter... <evil grin>

What are your cell phone rates per minute?  What type of cell phones will
work with that modem?  We'll find somebody with the lowest cell phone rates
and a compatible phone, then reimburse the cost.  The gateway cellular modem
gateway would run Squid and a DNS cache so things should fast enough for web
browsing.