?? meeting announcement confirmation ??

epsas at inflicted.net epsas at inflicted.net
Wed Aug 22 00:45:06 PDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 10:06:01PM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:

> What type of modem system is this?  It doesn't use cellular?  Why would
> Verizon cut you off?

It's a CDPD modem - It goes over the cellular network, however all of the communications hardware is integrated into the PCMCIA card.

And...  Verizon would cut me off for not having recieved my payment for this month. (and last ;)

> > The 802.11 is no problem, and I have a grip of spare equipment if needed.
> >

> You know of another booth there who would provide us with a 802.11
> connection?

Well, that's the question really.  However, getting assistance from other booths is usually just a matter of applying some social engineering.  A lot of the people that staff booths at cons are very congenial and are willing to help out the non-profits that are present.