?? meeting announcement confirmation ??

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Aug 16 04:55:20 PDT 2001

I'm about to make the announcement of the meeting for next week Wednesday.
This is just to confirm the time, dates, and locations and other information
before I make the announcement to several local mailing lists.  Please write
back if everything appears to be correct, or if any details should be
changed.

ALOHA LINUX MEETING
Wednesday, August 22 at 7-9pm
Applied Computer Training and Technology, Inc.
98-030 Hekaha St. Suite 29
Aiea, HI 96701

Will Dusty and/or Sandi be keeping track of the hardware and people
commitments for the event?

What is our current situation for the $200 necessary for the ITEC booth?

I personally feel that we would benefit greatly if we had internet
connectivity at ITEC, because it would be so much easier to demonstrate
Internet services, especially DNS (BIND or djbdns) and Squid, but also
Apache and web applications.  Unfortunately, it would cost us $250 for a
stupid dial-up Internet connection!  Should we attempt to go for the
additional $250?  Would it be worth it?

Anyone know about the wireless broadband ISP's in town?  Could their
connectivity possibly reach our booth?

Anyone have a working cell phone/modem combination that would work with
generic PPP and Linux?  Will a cell phone reach there?

Squaresoft?  (See other e-mail)

Deven will no longer be available on Wednesday to do the DV camera & Linux
demo.  (Shucks, I really looked forward to seeing that.)  I will still do
the Mindterm SSH and VNC instructional demo, but is there anyone else that
wants to present a quick tip demo type of thing?

Warren