?? meeting announcement confirmation ??

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Tue Aug 21 21:15:01 PDT 2001

Warren Togami wrote:

> I'm about to make the announcement of the meeting for next week Wednesday.
> This is just to confirm the time, dates, and locations and other information
> before I make the announcement to several local mailing lists.  Please write
> back if everything appears to be correct, or if any details should be
> changed.
>
> ALOHA LINUX MEETING
> Wednesday, August 22 at 7-9pm
> Applied Computer Training and Technology, Inc.
> 98-030 Hekaha St. Suite 29
> Aiea, HI 96701
>
> Will Dusty and/or Sandi be keeping track of the hardware and people
> commitments for the event?
>
> What is our current situation for the $200 necessary for the ITEC booth?
>
> I personally feel that we would benefit greatly if we had internet
> connectivity at ITEC, because it would be so much easier to demonstrate
> Internet services, especially DNS (BIND or djbdns) and Squid, but also
> Apache and web applications.  Unfortunately, it would cost us $250 for a
> stupid dial-up Internet connection!  Should we attempt to go for the
> additional $250?  Would it be worth it?
>
> Anyone know about the wireless broadband ISP's in town?  Could their
> connectivity possibly reach our booth?
>
> Anyone have a working cell phone/modem combination that would work with
> generic PPP and Linux?  Will a cell phone reach there?
>
> Squaresoft?  (See other e-mail)
>
> Deven will no longer be available on Wednesday to do the DV camera & Linux
> demo.  (Shucks, I really looked forward to seeing that.)  I will still do
> the Mindterm SSH and VNC instructional demo, but is there anyone else that
> wants to present a quick tip demo type of thing?
>
> Warren
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to luau as: webmaster at hawaiidakine.com

Warren,

Do you want me to see if I can get a DSL line installed for
the event? And what the cost might be, (if any). I will try
to get it done as a promotion.

 Aloha! Al Plant -Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.80/mo.  Member Small
Business Hawaii.
Running Caldera Linux 2.4 & Free BSD 4.0 UNIX
Support Open Source in Business and Computing.