X desktop problem - help!

Deven Phillips dphillips at viata.com
Tue Aug 14 12:58:14 PDT 2001

Robert,

	The error message that you mentioned means one of two things:

	A. Your font server didn't start
		Fix this by running "chkconfig --level 5 xfs on"
	B. You haven't configured the font path correctly for X windows

Since this is Mandrake 8.0, the xfs server IS the font path, and
therefore the first solution shoud do it. Init to runlevel 3, log in as
root, run the chkconfig command, and init back to runlevel 5.

That ought to do it.

Deven Phillips, CISSP
Network Architect
Viata Online, Inc.