Unix Jobs

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Aug 3 00:26:50 PDT 2001

One of my goals in showing OSS to state private and public education is to
create a larger market for the Unix and OSS programming and support market.
I think the way the industry is moving, local schools and businesses will
*eventually* notice these things through normal their channels, but without
our advocacy this will not happen for 10 years.

As a first step I am deploying two KDE & Linux thin client computer labs,
with 50 donated computers and two powerful servers we got from the VA Linux
sale.  We are also deploying a Samba domain in production in one section of
the campus network.  Without these types of systems IN USE available for
demonstration, people cannot possibly take us and OSS seriously.  We need to
do our part to expand our own market, rather than just complain about the
lack of jobs and appreciation of our craft.