Unix Jobs

Chris M. Rafael thecomputerguy at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Aug 3 13:23:58 PDT 2001

Hey Charles,

I've been working for Digital Island for a little
over a year now, and we are always looking for
qualified engineers to work either in implementations
or production server support.  We just got bought
out by Cable and Wireless, so there has been a hiring
freeze, however, from what I understand we will be
starting to hire again soon.

Check out www.digitalisland.com, and see if there are
any UNIX positions open in HI, if not I think the NOC
still may be hiring.  If you keep an eye out on that
site, they post UNIX jobs all the time.  One thing
that is good, since we are a global company, the pay
is competitive with the mainland.

It took me 10 years to find this job, when I first
came back to HI, people would say "what's UNIX?"

Good luck,
chris