rr setup problems

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Apr 29 13:25:27 PDT 2001

The driver on 3Com's site is for the old 2.2 kernel.  Redhat 7.1 has the new
2.4.x kernel... but their kernel should support your network card just fine.
It may take some tweaking to make it work.

It sounds like your Ethernet kernel module that came with Redhat 7.1 isn't
working.  Looking in the kernel configuration options I see this.

""Boomerang" (EtherLink XL 3c900 or 3c905)            PCI"

That's the only mention of 3Com EtherLink XL that I can find.   If this is
the correct driver, then "modprobe 3c59x" should load the driver.
You can manually run the DHCP client with "pump", then see if networking is
working with ping.

What error messages do you see?