(not quite linux) PHP3 or not to PHP3?

Jeffrey Y. Sue jysue at stanfordalumni.org
Fri Apr 13 23:14:57 PDT 2001

PHP4 seems to be pretty stable, although they have been occasional bug and
security patches. Current version is PHP 4.0.4p1. There is a guide for
migrating from PHP3 to 4, but the website says:

"PHP 4.0 and the integrated Zend engine have greatly inproved PHPs
performance and capabilities, but great care has been taken to break as
little existing code as possible. So migrating your code from PHP 3.0 to
4.0 should be much easier than migrating from PHP/FI 2.0 to PHP 3.0. A lot
of existing PHP 3.0 code should be ready to run without changes, but you
should still know about the few differences and take care to test your code
before switching versions in production environments "

http://www.php.net/manual/en/migration4.php