Incredible Llama Question

Erich S. sharky at websharx.com
Wed Sep 20 15:24:53 PDT 2000

Thanks to both Chris and Myles for their quick replies!

OK..duh..sorry slip of fingers. I've been hung up on doing stuff with
DNS and named that I was thinking one thing and typing another.

Did a 'ps aux | grep ident' and found about 11 in.identd processes
running. One as nobody and the rest as root.

I've commented out the portion of inetd.conf as suggested by Chris.

I gather from Chris' comment about #'ing liberally in inetd.conf, that
certain services are better run outside of inetd or not at all.

What services do most folks run (loaded question I know) under inetd. Or
is this really just a matter of preference for each individual admin?

Again thanks for your replies and patience.

Erich