Incredible Llama Question

Myles Uyema luau at uyema.net
Wed Sep 20 14:33:42 PDT 2000

Look up the "auth" service in /etc/services
Look up the "auth" service in /etc/inetd.conf

This has nothing to do with named.  What this message is telling you is
that the auth/tcp service could not bind to the socket (port 113).  This
usually means something is already bound to it, such as a standalone
identd/auth server.  Look in your process table for excess in.identd or
identd processes.