kppp to Flex?

Dean Yamamura dyamamura at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 11:11:08 PDT 2000

It may not be you. A tech I work with says he's having
trouble dialing into his Flex account. OTOH, I've been
dialing in with my Palm and no problems. YMMV.

I'll be dialing into Flex tomorrow. Let's see if there
are any problems.

--- Wayne <iw at ukulele.com> wrote:
> Here's one for you experienced users:
> Ever since I upgraded to Mandrake 7.1 from 7.0, I
> can't stay connected to
> Flexnet for longer than about 15 seconds. Well, I'm
> not sure I'm connected at
> all because the message box that says "Logging on to
> network" never goes
> away before I'm hung up on. Same modem (external),
> same DNS numbers
> as before. The kppp log says "hangup (SIGHUP)" or
> something to that effect.
> I've tried tinkering with the authentication setting
> with no luck. Does anyone
> know if Flex uses PAP or CHAP? I didn't have this
> problem in 7.0.
>
> aloooooooo wayne maeda ooooooha for now,
> iw at ukulele.com
#snip#

=====

The wages of sin are death; but by the time taxes are taken out, it's just sort of a bad feeling. -- Paula Poundstone