kppp to Flex?

Wayne iw at ukulele.com
Fri Sep 8 00:42:51 PDT 2000

Here's one for you experienced users:
Ever since I upgraded to Mandrake 7.1 from 7.0, I can't stay connected to
Flexnet for longer than about 15 seconds. Well, I'm not sure I'm connected at
all because the message box that says "Logging on to network" never goes
away before I'm hung up on. Same modem (external), same DNS numbers
as before. The kppp log says "hangup (SIGHUP)" or something to that effect.
I've tried tinkering with the authentication setting with no luck. Does anyone
know if Flex uses PAP or CHAP? I didn't have this problem in 7.0.

aloooooooo wayne maeda ooooooha for now,
iw at ukulele.com