Router pinging internet!

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Sat Oct 14 13:40:15 PDT 2000

kevin wrote:

> Hi guys!
>
> I got the router box to ping everything including the internet.  I pulled
> out one of the 3c509 cards and I installed a eepro.  I think it was
> conflicting with something.  I installed the module and changed the line to
> use:
>
> eepro io=0x210 irq=5
> 3c509
>
> I can now ping:
> ping www.hawaii.rr.com
> ping 205.172.3.13
> ping 192.168.1.254, that's eth1
>
> I used steineiger dynamic LRP image.  I just changed the irq and io settings
> for the eth0 and the dhcp picked up 24.25.227.64.  But steineiger 2beta, LRP
> 2.9.4 and Freesco still doesn't work.  Oh well, I guess I'll just live with
> stein.  Oh, I didn't get a chance to try George Toft's image with this new
> configuration.  I try it tomorrow.
>
> Thank you everybody!  Now I just have to connect my clients oneday.  I'm
> burned out, it's time to sleep!!!!
>
> Kevin
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to luau as: webmaster at hawaiidakine.com

Hi Kevin,

When setting up freesco router on a DSL I learned that
Pinging does not work on the internal nic only on the
external under freesco. Your freesco may have the same issue
for your cable connection. Gary says its something to do
with the way the configuration IP forwarding works.

The only way to test it is to do the freesco setup with the
IP's you know are correct and try it.

 Aloha! Al Plant -Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.80/mo.  Member Small
Business Hawaii.
Running Caldera Linux 2.4 & Free BSD 4.0 UNIX
Support Open Source in Business and Computing.