Router pinging internet!

kevin proforce65 at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Oct 14 02:48:07 PDT 2000

Hi guys!

I got the router box to ping everything including the internet.  I pulled
out one of the 3c509 cards and I installed a eepro.  I think it was
conflicting with something.  I installed the module and changed the line to
use:

eepro io=0x210 irq=5
3c509

I can now ping:
ping www.hawaii.rr.com
ping 205.172.3.13
ping 192.168.1.254, that's eth1

I used steineiger dynamic LRP image.  I just changed the irq and io settings
for the eth0 and the dhcp picked up 24.25.227.64.  But steineiger 2beta, LRP
2.9.4 and Freesco still doesn't work.  Oh well, I guess I'll just live with
stein.  Oh, I didn't get a chance to try George Toft's image with this new
configuration.  I try it tomorrow.

Thank you everybody!  Now I just have to connect my clients oneday.  I'm
burned out, it's time to sleep!!!!

Kevin