Question

Brian Eric Farnell bfarnell at gte.net
Thu Oct 12 21:53:35 PDT 2000

"Mr.Mike." wrote:

> what software is that that you need out of curiousity?
>
> aloha

Well, I'm missing a good Chinese Input/Output, Cvin is being
developed, but still not there and probably not got the
intelligent inputs (similar to Word's assisted input) I'm used
to from NJ Star.  For Chinese input this is really the only way
to go.  I used some Unix stuff before and it leaves allot to be
desired.  For someone who speaks Chinese as a second language
like me, the intelligent input is even more important.  The
piece in particular is NJ Star Communicator.  It allows me to
view characters in any windows program I have up as well as to
input into any of those windows.  The other one I really need is
a Chinese variant of ICQ called OICQ.  Phone calls being what
they are, my only communication with friends in China is through
OICQ.  I used to do translation for a living, and these things
are very important for me to keep up my language skills.
Regards,
Brian