Question

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Thu Oct 12 12:06:20 PDT 2000

Kevin wrote:

> HI, Chris
>
> I tried George Toft's image, LRP 2.9.4, Freesco and right now I'm trying to
> use Floppyfw.  I tried coyote about a month ago, but it didn't detect my
> intel cards.
>
> All these routers detect my 3c509 cards.
>
> -Freesco hangs when it reaches the "waiting for DHCPOFFER on eth0.  I
> installed the dhcpcd in the correct folder.
>
> -GT's/LRP 2.9.4 has one error message: (SIOCSIFBRDADDR: Operation not
> supported by device)  I think this is the message I get, I'm not sure if
> it's eth0 or eth1.  I can ifconfig and get back eth0, eth1 & lo.  But I
> cannot ping anything.  When I ping 192.168.1.1 and ping www.cdrom.com I
> get -1, 100% packet loss.
>
> -Floppyfw, when I try the disk on my work computer it picks up 192.168.1.64.
> But at home in my router box it get nothing.  ifconfig returns etho, eth1 &
> lo.  I can ping 192.168.1.1 and get back 0% packet loss, but I cannot get
> any IP on the outside world.
>
> Kevin

######################

Hi,

I run a freesco router on DSL and had no problems with
setting it up. Do make sure the hardware is compatible. Also
there are a lot of changes being made by Oceanic Cable in
Respect to IP addresses. We have to give back many of them
previously issued. This IP swapping may be affecting rr. I
am not sure as I don't deal with them.
--
 Aloha! Al Plant -Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.80/mo.  Member Small