Help

Steve Anderson andersons001 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Nov 20 00:06:39 PST 2000

During the GUI installs, you push ALT-F? to see the
background actions. F? being the different Funtion Keys.
ALT-F1, ALT-F2, ect.

I have had similair installation failures due to a CD-R that wouldn't reset.
By pushing one of the ALT-Function key combinations, I saw the error about
/dev/hdc.
I don't understand harware that good, but the CD-R works fine under Linux
and only  has trouble during installs. I found that I can install RedHat 7.0
on that
machine, but only with a minimal number of packages. I then
installed the other packages that I wanted after the RedHat was installed.

Steve A.