Home Network

kevin proforce65 at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Dec 23 00:22:14 PST 2000

Greetings,

Hmmm...I tried Freesco, it didn't work for me.  I now use Charles
Steinkuehler's LRP Linux Router Project) "Dynamic Image" instead.
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net/

Works great with Roadrunner and should also work well with DSL.  The
firewall script seems to run great.  ShieldsUp cannot find anything when it
tries to ping my computer.

It tells me this:
"One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE".
https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

Check it out!  Is your system safe from hacker attacks?

BTW, I tested a windows/Redhat system at ShieldsUp.  Both systems are not
safe, you need a firewall.  LRP is a router/firewall that runs off a single
floppy.  Just like Freesco.  Take your pick!

Kevin