Home Network

Nelson Garcia garcian002 at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Dec 22 16:26:12 PST 2000

I would start at the How-To:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Networking-Overview-HOWTO.html

Also, I recommend that you check the hardware compatibility list (here's the
link I use: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/fhard.php3).  Most problems I
have ran into are when I try to save 10 bucks by using non-standard NIC
cards and modems and trying to figure out the correct modules to use.

If you want to make a Linux router/gateway/firewall, I highly recomend
FreeSCO (http://www.freesco.org/).  It is, by far, the easiest floppy
distribution to setup (IMHO).  If you go with a full distribution, you'll
need to become familiar with masquerading and such.  The networking how-to
url at the top of this email will also link you to the other how-to's you
might need.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
Nelson