Home Network

Edward Haddock debaito at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 23 10:06:08 PST 2000

Aloha,
   Thanks everyone for the advice so far. It has been
great. I will check out LRP and see which one I like.
My system will have a 1000 mhz WinME a 500mhz WinME a
200Mhz Linux(cause Linux is good) and a 486 dx4 100 as
th router. Eventually I may even put my Amiga 2000 on
it. With this many computers, will I need a Hub? I use
DSL and have thought that I will but if there is a wya
aroud it, I won't. Although hubs are cheap anyways. So
basically I am thinking dsl - Linux router - Hub then
connect all my computers in. Sound right?
  Thanks to all who responded with the great advice. I
also am thinking of building my own Linux from scratch
using LFS on the 200 Mhz machine. Any advice there?
                                        Ed

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Networking-Overview-HOWTO.html

=====