[LUAU] LUAU Sub Group mailing lists (LONG)

Eric Hagen ehagen at hawaii.edu
Fri Mar 26 20:19:43 PST 1999

Before this all explodes into a flame war, (hopefully not, its a great way
to run out new people).  I would like to say that I'm very glad Chris
stepped forward to "lead" LUAU, if I remember correctly he was not seeking
the job, he was the only one willing to take it on.  (Chris, you really
need to learn how to dodge these things ;-)  I think he has done a GREAT
job at moving us from a loose group of people who "kinda liked linux" and
usually sat around talking about the cool things about it.  To a group of
people who are using to do serious work, and want to share thier knowledge
with others.  I have been very impressed with the last two meetings, the
topics covered, and what I got out of it was fantastic.  And I feel most
of the credit goes to Chris for his non-authoritative manner of
leadership.
He is always open to idea's, begs people at every meeting to take the lead
with projects, and I have never seen him shoot down an idea or project
unless something better was availible.

Chris, just want to let you know you will always have people who are not
happy, and you do have a lot of ideas that I know you are working on but
are not ready for prime time.
Maybe we need to create another email list/sub group for "brain child
projects", and there we can hash out cool projects, with the understanding
that some or none of them will work out.

I would like to thank Chris for the work and effort he has made, and for
moving LUAU forward.  To what I don't know and I'm sure Chris does not
know, but at least we are moving with at least a majority.  If anyone has
better ideas, I would love to hear them, and I'm sure everyone else would,
but there is no need to dismiss other people.

Eric Hagen                  "Sometimes we get lost in the darkness,
ehagen at Hawaii.Edu	     the dreamers learn to steer by the stars..."
			    "You fight for something because it is good.
	 				Not because it stands to succeed."

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net