[LUAU] LUAU Sub Group mailing lists

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Fri Mar 26 20:15:10 PST 1999

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999 bbraun at sparcy.synack.net wrote:
> As for the above, you'll never get anywhere if you wait on consensus.
> If you want something done, do it.  If people don't like it, don't
> take it too personally, you can most likely back out any changes you
> made.  I applaud chris for going ahead and making changes without
> waiting for a consensus, and I encourage him to continue doing so.
> If the group reaches a decision that they don't like the changes,
> bummer, we can undo them and no harm is done.  So far, I havn't
> seen a consensus one way or another, so chris, go for it!  =)

This is exactly what I wanted to say.  I guess I didn't say it as
well as you did.

I should point out one thing though.  For the person who does this, sooner
or later, someone is going to come along and dislike what you did and they
will flame you for it.  This is the side effect of working in the public
interest.  Note, unless these people know you personally, these flames are
almost always never personal.  So, don't take it as such.  Take it as a
vote on the 'nay' side.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org

--