[LUAU] LUAU Sub Group mailing lists

bbraun at sparcy.synack.net bbraun at sparcy.synack.net
Fri Mar 26 09:28:12 PST 1999

On Friday, Mar 1999 at 0:43:23 John W Christian wrote:

 | The only CAVEAT that each group must abide is that whatever they do,
 | the entire LUAU org has final say [by debating & voting what the
 | individual groups presents].  And if the group does not present the
 | material to LUAU, than it cannot represent LUAU till LUAU approves.
 | No leader, no strong-arming, just consensus....

 Alright, I'm jumping in here too.  =)
 As for the above, you'll never get anywhere if you wait on consensus.
 If you want something done, do it.  If people don't like it, don't
 take it too personally, you can most likely back out any changes you
 made.  I applaud chris for going ahead and making changes without
 waiting for a consensus, and I encourage him to continue doing so.
 If the group reaches a decision that they don't like the changes,
 bummer, we can undo them and no harm is done.  So far, I havn't
 seen a consensus one way or another, so chris, go for it!  =)

 Sure, some people will have their toes stepped on with this attitude,
 but hey, if you're getting all uptight about things regarding the
 group, you're probably going to get an ulcer and die in the next
 few years anyway.  =)  Just relax.  We're all more or less reasonable
 here, and if an objective, logical arguement is laid out, I'm sure
 most of us will be willing to listen.  On the other hand, going out
 and waging holy war won't make you any friends.  Yeah, yeah, I know
 I occationally wage holy war too, but I don't seriously expect
 people to be converted because of my rantings.

 In conclusion, calm down.
 Rob
--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net