[LUAU] LUAU Sub Group mailing lists (LONG)

John W Christian jwchris at juno.com
Fri Mar 26 03:41:00 PST 1999

SNIP
>Is this how the webpage has been updated all this time?  Isn't this
>kind of inefficient?  This is probably the first thing that should be
>changed.
Jimen, if you had attended any of the meetings [in the past 6 mos]
YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS and probably fixed it  .... ;-)

SNIP
>Maybe I got the wrong impression, but I thought you were the
>'president'
>of LUAU.  If you're not the president, then I apologize.  But if you
>are,
>then I think the members of the group have a right to know what your
>vision is.  And, of course, visions change.  The only way visions
>don't
>change is if you can predict the future.  It also doesn't have to be
>impressive.  Knowing what LUAU stands for can bring people together.

Jimen, that is what we are attempting to do GOT SUGGESTIONS?
GIVE THEM...

>I don't know how you could interpret what I said above to this.
Jimen the tone of your messages have led to this.... especially the
statement regarding keeping it in your Brain   WAS A FLAME

>>That depends on what your definition of LUAU is. I personally prefer
>>to think of LUAU as a distributed system... the total bandwidth of all
>>the users of LUAU.
>
>I do not believe this counts.
HUH? DOESN'T COUNT?

>You will need a single source for
>members
>to access group resources.  This mailing list, for example, is not
>hosted
>by members of LUAU, is it?
ACTUALLY, IT IS.... and it can be distributed [which is transparent to
the
user...]

What other services are provided by LUAU?
>That, basically, is what I'm trying to guage.
That basically is what we are trying to determine...
REMEMBER, WE ARE NEW AS FAR AS LUGS [in operating per se}

>>> 4.  Knowledge: what is the knowledge level of contributing members?
>>Isn't that a rather hard question to quantify?
>
>I gave an example.  I wasn't looking for a Stephen Hawkins.  I was
looking
>for an inventory of what our members can contribute, knowledge-wise.

Believe it or not that is another project under the ORGANIZATION
group....
[so please try & be patient since we have not even met yet to even
discuss
how we should do this without offending or discouraging new Linux
users...]
You can join the Organization Group if you like as well [by now I believe
you
have made suggestions for all of the groups...  maybe you should
participate
in them all?...]

>>Yes... but the last time i tried to herd, I had a revolt. I'm trying
SNIP
>Revolt?  Are you sure it wasn't just comments/suggestions for a new
>direction?  A good leader is one who takes a group to where they want
>to go, not drag them to some place s/he thinks they should end up.
That is why Chris is a coordinator for LUAU, not President.  If each
group
decides they want a leader appointed, that is up to them to decide.

Again, I bring up that if you 2 want a vote for a Leader, we can bring it
one .....

SNIP

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net