[LUAU] LUAU Sub Group mailing lists

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Thu Mar 25 11:32:32 PST 1999

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Jimen Ching wrote:

> >(Simliar to Docs.. might be merged. Dunno)
>
> Seems a lot of these are redundant.  How come webpage and docs is not
> considered 'projects'?  Isn't organization part of the main list?  I guess
> that thread you mentioned will probably answer these questions...

You could have said something earlier while I proposed it.  I was VERY
much open to adjustments... and nobody adjusted me so I kept on doing it
my way.

The primary reason the groups tend to be redudant is to promote
cross-communication.

Docs and training might be merged. I chopped quite a bit off of the
original suggestion by John. Training actually has more of a hands on
approach to it. Training would involve more people physically helping.

The only reason Projects stands alone is because it's a catch all.
The unassigned, the new, the unclassifiable goes in there. Eventually they
might get moved out, but for now... they go in projects.

The integration between the groups is weak and that might be a flaw in the
design. They each overlap HEAVILY. Nevertheless, we'll work with this
model until a better one comes out. (you're free to suggest one)

--
chris

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net