[LUAU] FW: Want a visit 27 May or thenabouts?

John W Christian jwchris at juno.com
Wed Mar 10 20:48:02 PST 1999

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:52:46 -1000 (HST) Chris Wong
<wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu> writes:
>On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, John W Christian wrote:
>
>> I can [probably] get the room on the 27th {but I'll check to make
sure}
>> And we need to figure out the best time [for him & us] to schedule.
>
>Either day is fine I'd imagine. In some sense the 28th would be better
>because it's a Friday... and people leave work early on Friday. But
>then again, Thursdays are closer to our original schedules.
I [personally] can do it on the 27th. The 28th I have class from 4 to
9:30.
Plus I like to do the old schedule [Ed figured tuesdays & thursdays are
good for people, not the weekend, not the beginning, end or middle of
the work week {and that is true for most meetings... ;-) } ].

>Do you need this much time in advance? I would pad it up on either
>side.
I need the room for free advertising in as many periodicals [which are
normally printed monthly or bi-weekly.

>> Too bad our Web Pages are not up to snuff yet, we could make this
>> announcement on the Web; then I could contact the local periodicals
>>to do {free} advertising & get more of a showing...  :-(
>
>That's the point. But this is in May. It's March. We've a few weeks
>anyhow to get this going. Which also makes the webpages the #1 priority.
>
>I'm envisioning this to be siginfigantly more than our normal crowd.
>And with the public involved as well.
>
>> And we are going to need to know what he needs [to st up whatever
>>for his visit - projectors, Internet Connection, hubs, cable, etc.,
etc.,
>> etc.
>
>True. That we should get. Probably just a talk.
>

>And when you know somebody by their initals, they're big. :)
NOD

I personally did not know till I check his web pages

John

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net