[LUAU] FW: Want a visit 27 May or thenabouts?

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Wed Mar 10 11:52:46 PST 1999

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, John W Christian wrote:

> Depending on who this guy is & what he is going to talk about
> I can [probably] get the room on the 27th {but I'll check to make sure}
> And we need to figure out the best time [for him & us] to schedule.

Either day is fine I'd imagine. In some sense the 28th would be better
because it's a Friday... and people leave work early on Friday. But then
again, Thursdays are closer to our original schedules.

> SO ANYONE WITH CONCERNS REGARDING SCHEDULING MAKE IT KNOWN NOW so I
> can reserve a room {a head count would be nice too...}

Do you need this much time in advance? I would pad it up on either side.

> Too bad our Web Pages are not up to snuff yet, we could make this
> announcement on the Web; then I could contact the local periodicals to
> do {free} advertising & get more of a showing...  :-(

That's the point. But this is in May. It's March. We've a few weeks anyhow
to get this going. Which also makes the webpages the #1 priority.

I'm envisioning this to be siginfigantly more than our normal crowd. And
with the public involved as well.

> And we are going to need to know what he needs [to st up whatever for
> his visit - projectors, Internet Connection, hubs, cable, etc., etc.,
> etc.

True. That we should get. Probably just a talk.

> Hey its worth meeting another Linux User [& let him write off {a
> business expense} to do a preesentation in Hawaii {as long as it costs
> us nothing...  ;-)  }] .

This IS ESR as it were.

And when you know somebody by their initals, they're big. :)

:)

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net