[LUAU] Raymond" <esr at thyrsus.com>] (fwd)

Jack Morgan mailman at hi.net
Wed Mar 10 13:52:41 PST 1999

Chris Wong <wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu>:
> We would love to have you come to speak. However, cash strapped would
> probably be an accurate description of this group. Therefore, what kinds
> of arrangements do you need for your airfare to and from Hawaii?

I think I can swing airfare to/from.  That's the point -- I'll be on
my way back from a tour of Japan, all paid for by Nikkei, and want to
stop over in Hawaii to avoid doing the whole Pacific in one swell
foop.  At worst, if Nikkei decides they're feeling really penurious, you
might have to spring for Honolulu->SF -- but I don't think that will happen.

> I believe we can do it (and throw in an tour of the island) if the costs
> aren't too high... and even if they are, we might be able to drum up some
> support. But we need a number to work with.

Island tour sounds good!  For starters, assume you will *not* have to pay
for airfare but will have to feed me and give me a place to sleep.
--

I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the
Constitution which grant[s] a right to Congress of expending, on

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net