Was: [LUAU] NOMINATIONS Now: Off Topic - NT=No Training

John Nickerson johnnick at pixi.com
Thu Jun 24 10:40:26 PDT 1999

George Toft wrote:

> John Nickerson wrote:
> [snip]
> > George,
> >
> > I've recently read some articles indicating that MS will be changing
> > their licensing of software in ways that will change the TCO.  In the
> > future you'll only license SW for a limited period of time and then
> > renew -- kinda like fee simple vs lease hold I think.
>
> Got a reference?  This is awesome!!!
>
> This goes for anyone else - got anything hard that I can use
> to show the TCO of Linux vs NT, please let me know.  Since
> I'm comparing NT, UnixWare, Solaris, Linux, and NetWare, any
> articles/web sites that deal with TCO, stability, pricing, etc
> for any of these would be sorely appreciated.  You would not
> believe how scarce these items are (very little in Wilson's
> abstracts, Newsbank, ERIC).
>
> Mahalo!

I'll see what I can find.  I get about a half dozen trade rags and don't
keep them too long but this one might still be around.

John Nickerson, Kailua, Hawaii
<http://www.pixi.com/~johnnick/homepage.html>

A little inaccracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation.
--
-    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net