Was: [LUAU] NOMINATIONS Now: Off Topic - NT=No Training

George Toft LinuxAdvocate at iname.com
Thu Jun 24 08:29:14 PDT 1999

John Nickerson wrote:
[snip]
> George,
>
> I've recently read some articles indicating that MS will be changing
> their licensing of software in ways that will change the TCO.  In the
> future you'll only license SW for a limited period of time and then
> renew -- kinda like fee simple vs lease hold I think.

Got a reference?  This is awesome!!!

This goes for anyone else - got anything hard that I can use
to show the TCO of Linux vs NT, please let me know.  Since
I'm comparing NT, UnixWare, Solaris, Linux, and NetWare, any
articles/web sites that deal with TCO, stability, pricing, etc
for any of these would be sorely appreciated.  You would not
believe how scarce these items are (very little in Wilson's
abstracts, Newsbank, ERIC).

Mahalo!

--
George Toft    http://gtoft.dynip.com/LinuxAdvocate/

In self-defense, all Microsoft Office attachments
are refused.  Please don't send them.
--
-    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net