[LUAU] Is anyone using Eterm?

HawaiiBuc hawaiibuc at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Jan 17 20:35:40 PST 1999

Aloha everyone,
  I just downloaded the RPM file for Eterm.  It looks really nice in the
screenshots I have seen, but I can't get it to run.  It installed
correctly, but this is the error message I get:

[whjones at a24n86client77 whjones]$ Eterm: parse error in file MAIN, line
96:  Invalid parameter list "file" for attribute background

  When I looked at line 96 in /usr/lib/Eterm/themes/Eterm/MAIN, this is
what I saw (actually lines 95-97):

  begin pixmaps
    background %random(`cat pixmaps.list 2>/dev/null`)
    path
"./pix/:~/.Eterm/:~/.Eterm/themes/Eterm/pix:~/.Eterm/pix/:/var/tmp/Eterm-root/usr/lib/Eterm/pix/"

  I used the -ivh switch to install Eterm, but none of the paths above
were created during the install.  Is that common?  I can go back in and
manually change them; that would be no problem.  What I'd like to know
is what everyone else did, or if y'all had any problems setting it up.

Bud Jones