[LUAU] Xemacs Problem was Cursor Problem

bbraun at sparcy.synack.net bbraun at sparcy.synack.net
Fri Feb 26 10:29:45 PST 1999

On Friday, Feb 1999 at 7:33:51 Chris Wong wrote:

 | btw, has anybody had problems with Netscape and Wordperfect in 24 bit
 | color? For some reason it doesn't work for me. I moved to 32 bit color
 | and it works but somehow i think that's wrong. Esp. for netscape and
 | Corel.

 It's my rather limited understanding that netscape and most motif based
 apps have probems with 24bit color, unless you tell them to start with
 thier own color palete.  At least that has been my experience.  I havn't
 dug too deeply into X due to the fact that I'm a coward.  I started once
 and got real scared.
 Perhaps Gnome and or KDE (being the beasts that they are) do some
 color palete magic behind the scenes.

 Rob
--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net