[LUAU] 24 bit color

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Fri Feb 26 10:13:52 PST 1999

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Steve Anderson wrote:

> > btw, has anybody had problems with Netscape and Wordperfect in 24 bit
> > color?
>
> No problems with Netscape 4.08 and Wordperfect 8.

Hmmm...Intersting.

> KDE supplies this info about the Xserver
> depth 24 with 1024x768 (75x75 dpi)
> version 11.0 XFree86 release 3330

I'm using the Matrox driver. Matrox Mystique 220 ($40 at Byteware and the
performance outshines anything else under X)

Running Windowmaker. XFree86 release 3.3.2 which may be the problem. No
GNOME, the damned thing kept on crashing on me. I should get an updated
version but I'm partial to .deb's so they're slow in coming. (Yes Rob, I
should compile and install, but I really don't have the time in my life to
figure that out) (That said, I moved to Linux 2.2.2 since I was shutting
down my machine to install the video card)

I'll just have to figure this out.

*sigh*

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net