[LUAU] Linux - Road Runner How-to, round 2

Ronald Willis ronal at artboardhawaii.com
Mon Apr 12 16:23:25 PDT 1999

Hello George,

I checked out your web documents and was delightfully impressed at its
content.
I am by no means perfect but I held a position at one time proofing
corporate writers.
I found a minor typo:

http://oahu.gtoft.dynip.com/LinuxAdvocate/SuSE_Installation.html

On the 3rd row, of the paragraph above the table, in the above page.

"I just doesn't have all of the software available on the retail version."

Should read;

"It just doesn't have all of the software available on the retail version."

I am new to Linux and have attended your last meeting. I have been on you
mailing list for about a month and am also impressed at everyone's loyalty
to remaining open minded.

I am at a crossroads now, my associate and I have decided to setup our
hosted server to run Linux, serving as a small ISP. Yes it is a great
undertaking since I am only familiar with WinNT. Our previous administrator
has moved on to bigger things in life and takes with him BSD which what was
running on the server. Since he is gone it is time for me to step forward.

Any advice from the group would be appreciated. I have been running Red Hat
since ver 4.0 and still am considered a beginner.
Installed 5.2 and a bit puzzled, not quite able to setup PPP and the network
card???? Help!

Thanks in advance,
Ron

+++++

Can someone idiot check this for me?  I'm too close
to it, and need an objective viewpoint.

Thanks.
--
George Toft    http://gtoft.dynip.com/LinuxAdvocate
        __     __   _    __   __   __  ___    ___
       |  |   |  | | \  |  | |  | |  | \  \  /  /
  -o)  |  |   |  | |  \_|  | |  | |  |  \  \/  /   (o-

     Don't fear the penguins...
--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net

           LUAU meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of each month 6pm

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net