[LUAU] PCI NE2000 card

Jeffery Wong jmwong at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Sun Dec 13 00:36:33 PST 1998

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998, Jimen Ching wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just got a new system that has a NE2000 PCI network card.  Linux boots
> fine and the /proc/pci database shows that the card is there and has an
> iobase of 0xec00 and irq 12.  I tried to install the ne2k-pci.o module
> (from Debian 2.0) and I get an error message about device or resource is
> busy.

/proc/pci should also give you the chipset being using by the NIC, there
might be driver for that chipset you could try.

> On each try, I get an error about the parameter [io|iobase|ioport] not
> found.  Anybody use a NE2000 (LinkSys) PCI card, or any PCI network card
> at all?  Do I use the isapnp tool?  Anyone know how I can change the IRQ
> and IObase?

I'm pretty sure isapnp will not let you change pci settings.
Unfortunately I don't know if there is anything that lets you change the
pci settings, as pci resource settings are resolved before the OS loads.

Sorry, but I can't think of anything else that might help.

Jeff