[LUAU] PCI NE2000 card

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Sat Dec 12 22:02:59 PST 1998

Hi all,

I just got a new system that has a NE2000 PCI network card.  Linux boots
fine and the /proc/pci database shows that the card is there and has an
iobase of 0xec00 and irq 12.  I tried to install the ne2k-pci.o module
(from Debian 2.0) and I get an error message about device or resource is
busy.

I'm thinking this may be due to the driver not finding the ioport, so I
tried specifying the ioport with:

insmod <path>/ne2k-pci.o io=0xec00
or
insmod <path>/ne2k-pci.o iobase=0xec00
or
insmod <path>/ne2k-pci.o ioport=0xec00

On each try, I get an error about the parameter [io|iobase|ioport] not
found.  Anybody use a NE2000 (LinkSys) PCI card, or any PCI network card
at all?  Do I use the isapnp tool?  Anyone know how I can change the IRQ
and IObase?

My new system is an AMD-K2 350Mhz.  Are there know problems with this
setup?  Thanks in advance.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org