[LUAU] PCI NE2000 card

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Sun Dec 13 04:10:23 PST 1998

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998, Jeffery Wong wrote:
> /proc/pci should also give you the chipset being using by the NIC, there
> might be driver for that chipset you could try.

I visited LinkSys' web site and there was a linux support page.  ;)
Anyway, I was supposed to use the tulip driver, not the ne2000 driver.
Now, I have an eth0 device.  But I can't ping anyone except myself.  All
of the standard stuff are there, netstat -r has a default gatewar to my
ipfw system.  My /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/host.conf file are correct.
/etc/networks contains my local network address masked with 255.255.255.0.

Is there anything I'm missing.  Guess I need to go back to the web page.
;-)

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org