[LUAU] Favorite NTP server?

Al Plant noc at hdk5.net
Thu Feb 20 14:57:39 PST 2014

Brian Chee wrote:
> ntp1.hawaii.edu canonical name = ntproundtop.hawaii.edu.
> Name: ntproundtop.hawaii.edu
> Address: 128.171.235.62
>

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Jeff Mings <jeffm at lava.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi All!
>>
>>     After the new NTP DOS vulnerability, a lot of NTP servers are changing
>> their operation.
>>
>>     I have used the navy's atomic clock at tick.mhpcc.hpc.mil for quite
>> some time, but it appears that they may be reducing access to it now.
>>
>>     Many of my clients use RoadRunner locally, which doesn't seem to have
>> a publicly-listed NTP server in this area.  I could use the pool from
>> CentOS, or even the one from Apple, but I want to make sure I use a server
>> or pool of them that won't be overwhelmed/useless like the Microsoft NTP
>> servers.  So far, using 0.us.pool.ntp.org  looks like a solid choice for
>> long-term reliability, but nist1-la.ustiming.org yields better ping
>> times, and the NIST has a nice status page at http://tf.nist.gov/tf-cgi/
>> servers.cgi   for checking service.
>>
>> Any better suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Jeff

>> freesoftwarehawaii.org

Aloha,

The FreeBSD group has been sending out info on what to do and telling
everyone to use military, or private instutions that are know to you.
I had one old server hit. The only one I used the 1. 2. 3. pool ntp on.

I manually use ntp.nasa.gov ( California) and sundial.columbia.edu (NYC)
and  ntp.hawaii.edu  (HNL)

Brian, could I use lntpl.hawaii.edu ?

Thanks:

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +