[LUAU] Colocation or plain old hosting

Al Plant noc at hdk5.net
Sat Jun 2 15:37:42 PDT 2012

Jeff Mings wrote:
> Thanks for taking the time to reply Laurence!
>
>     Yes, I'm running several sites via conventional web hosting.  A few
> of my sites were originally hosted by Cedant, which was a very competent
> company.  Cedant was then bought by aplus, which was then bought by
> Deluxe for Business, which seems to be clueless about a great number of
> things.  Out of frustration with hosting companies, I'm thinking of just
> setting up my own box.
>
>     Rackspace's virtual boxes are insanely cheap and offer reliably good
> performance.  Assuming I don't find anything better locally, I'll
> probably provision a Rackspace virtual server.
>
> Thanks,
> -Jeff
>

> On 06/02/2012 09:11 AM, Laurence Laforga wrote:
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> I haven't run into any local co-location companies that sell less than
>> a 1U
>> rack space.  I think it would make more economical sense to sign up for a
>> web hosting account.
>>
>> Good luck!
>> Laurence

I know of a colo and provider that is out of SanDiego CA who runs Linux
and FreeBSD stuff. THey gave me help when I  set up my own servers here
in Wahiawa.

May be a contact to check out. sdbug at sdbug.org.

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +