[LUAU] RSync help

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Thu Jan 13 08:07:55 PST 2011

Hey Jim

Rsync uses ssh as its default shell. No need for -e ssh. You'd be well
advised to create or to use a non-root user on either end. At the risk of
sounding crass, man rsync will yield great information. Andrew wrote a great
man page that has examples and descriptions.

I use Pavuz when syncing - P for progress, a to archive, v to be verbose, u
to update, and z to compress the traffic.

Assuming you want to create incremental backups, rsyncing as a non-root user
to directories, such as Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, Month, Year,
will create an archive of data which you can become root to restore, if
needed.

Enjoy

--scott