[LUAU] Using a 3rd party DNS providers effects routing from CDN's?

Vince Hoang vince at litrium.com
Sun Jan 2 22:35:02 PST 2011

I'd prefer the node with the best overall throughput, even if the latency
may be worse.

If the throughput is better, I suppose you could run your own DNS server.
With BIND, you can configure zone-based forwarders to query
akamai.netaddresses directly and default the rest of your queries to
Google or
OpenDNS.

http://www.isc.org/files/arm96.html

*zone*
Statement Definition and Usage
Zone Types

forward

A "forward zone" is a way to configure forwarding on a per-domain basis. A *
zone* statement of type *forward* can contain a *forward* and/or *forwarders
* statement, which will apply to queries within the domain given by the zone
name. If no *forwarders* statement is present or an empty list for *
forwarders* is given, then no forwarding will be done for the domain,
canceling the effects of any forwarders in the *options* statement. Thus if
you want to use this type of zone to change the behavior of the global *
forward* option (that is, "forward first" to, then "forward only", or vice
versa, but want to use the same servers as set globally) you need to
re-specify the global forwarders.

Happy New Year!

-Vince