[LUAU] Has anyone spec'ed a small data center generator before?

Al Plant noc at hdk5.net
Mon Nov 8 18:27:47 PST 2010

Brian Chee wrote:
> So I¹m looking at exploring the potential for a small (approx 20kw)
> generator to get past long (more than 20 minutes) power outages for critical
> servers. Does anyone have some wisdom they can share with me?
>
> /brian chee

#################

Aloha Brian,

I have two stationary batteries and two 1100 watt Uninterupted Power
Supplies  APC brand to run 4 servers. I got the batteries three years
ago at Interstate in Waipahu for $190.00 each and they last about 8
hours. They are charged from the APC's from which  I removed the small
batteries that they come with that last only 15 minutes and put small
battery spade connectors to hook to the big batteries sitting beside
them. Last power outage here in Wahiawa lasted 6 hours and everything
stayed up fine.

Stationary Batteries look like car batteries but are deep cycle over
long time not like starter batteries for cars. The connectors are
stainless bolts not like the ones for cars.

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +
   < email: noc at hdk5.net >