[LUAU] HOSEF mirror access via FTP?

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Thu May 6 13:31:07 PDT 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Antonio Querubin <tony at lava.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 6 May 2010, R. Scott Belford wrote:
>
>> That is at Dreamhost where hosef.org is hosted. It's never been part
>> of our naming scheme for the mirror.
>
>> I use lighttpd, not apache, and, I don't understand why I want to do
>> this. It seems to add more layers of complexity. We only host
>
> It was a suggestion on how to provide IPv6 connectivity to hosef.org using
> mirror as the proxy server if you so choose.  Does that make it more clear?
>  A proxy isn't complicated to setup, but since you're running lighttpd and I
> don't have a tested proxy/reverse-proxy config for lighttpd you're on your
> own on that.

Got it. I understand. Thanks, Tony, not only for the suggestion but
also for the example.

To ease management and to facilitate uptime, I moved www.hosef.org,
hosef.org, and lists.hosef.org to Dreamhost a few years ago. Before
your direction, I had not really considered IPv6 or what I was
supposed to do about it. Now that mirrors is handled, I think I can
get the other domains up to speed via our host and their DNS settings.

I'll follow up when finished to make sure things are working okay.

> Antonio Querubin
> 808-545-5282 x3003
> e-mail/xmpp:  tony at lava.net

--scott