[LUAU] Mirror server now at gbe

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Wed Jul 14 16:29:18 PDT 2010

There will not be any speed changes until it has a gigabit NIC. It currently
has a 10/100 PXE capable NIC so that it could be installed, imaged, etc. via
PXE and the network. Heat has been killing drives since day 1, so the
balance for the mirror has always been spindle speed, air flow, and
redundancy. The meat of the mirror is coming from Seagate's 5400 rpm 2.0tb
SATA drives in a SW RAID1 array, and they seem to be doing okay.

--scott