[LUAU] HOSEF mirror access via FTP?

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Wed Apr 28 16:09:34 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Antonio Querubin <tony at lava.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010, R. Scott Belford wrote:
>
>  points me to how to deal with this. However, it still appears to be
>> pebcak,
>> and it may be as simple as not defining the IPv6 address in
>> /etc/network/interfaces as I am now reading. Now to determine the gateway,
>> and we should be good to go. Without this definition, a 6to4 conversion is
>> attempted.
>>

> With IPv6 autoconfig, the prefix, address, and gateway are automatically
> learned.  If it's still trying 6to4 then there's something triggering it to
> think that it doesn't have native IPv6.

This is a good one. We have an OS change, same NIC, all other variables the
same. I think I need a static entry in /etc/network/interfaces and that this
was something automagically handled by centos. It sounds like I don't need a
gateway setting, though.

Since Brian is off-island, and we don't have lab access, I am wary about
tinkering too much. I think it is safe to add this address,
2607:f278:4101:12:204:76ff:fef1:edc8,
as our static IP, though.

I don't think I need to run something like this.

mirror:/etc/network# apt-cache show radvd
Package: radvd
Section: net
Installed-Size: 220
Maintainer: Ghe Rivero <ghe at debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1:1.1-3
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.7-1), adduser
Filename: pool/main/r/radvd/radvd_1.1-3_i386.deb
Size: 62122
MD5sum: 8152954e0d6b805820167cba0e899fb8
SHA1: 2059388ad55066336cb747735072a82eff7168c6
SHA256: 0c285d910d89b93c808bf8c61439679189d3a5ab89f932bcba4a05e03193011f
 IPv6 has a lot more support for autoconfiguration than IPv4. But
 for this autoconfiguration to work on the hosts of a network, the
 routers of the local network have to run a program which answers
 the autoconfiguration requests of the hosts.
 .
 On Linux this program is called radvd, which stands for Router
 ADVertisement Daemon. This daemon listens to router solicitations (RS)
 and answers with router advertisement (RA). Furthermore unsolicited
 RAs are also sent from time to time.
Tag: interface::daemon, network::routing, network::server, protocol::ipv6,
role::program, use::routing

> Antonio Querubin
> 808-545-5282 x3003
> e-mail/xmpp:  tony at lava.net