[LUAU] Command line help editing

Al Plant noc at hdk5.net
Sun Nov 8 14:18:06 PST 2009

Jason Axelson wrote:
> I may be missing something, but what is wrong with just using sudo?
>
> Jason
>
> On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Al Plant <noc at hdk5.net> wrote:
>> Aloha,
>>
>> I want to add network printing to a HP netbook running Ubuntu Linux. The
>> network is existing and runs on FreeBSD.
>>
>> I have tried to make an /etc/printcap file on the netbook but the user needs
>> sudo to act as root. For some reason I cant make the user su to root then
>> use vi to create the file. The admin tool on the Ubuntu to set up a printer
>> is not helpful and I have read all the how to's in Ubuntu and Debian books I
>> have here to do it from the command line.
>>
>> Has anybody setup network printing who could point me to a how to about
>> using sudo under Linux? I have no problems under ssh and su on remote
>> FreeBSD servers editing as root. So I must be missing something.

I am in the box as a user. When I go to sudo to shutdown it works fine
making the user root.
But it wont make sudo go to Vi and let me edit the files I need to.
Something is not correct i think.

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +
   < email: noc at hdk5.net >