[LUAU] OSP- February 17, 2009 - You Can Do It, Yes You Can

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Mon Feb 16 18:34:02 PST 2009

You Can Do It, Yes You Can

Don't be afraid.  I know how you feel.  You want to install this
"linux" thing on your computer, but you don't think it's as easy as
everyone says.  Join us as we convert a computer to a dual boot
workstation running Windows and gnu/linux.  When I say dual boot, I
hopefully don't mean that we will both be kicking it.

The presenter is you.  Someone from the audience who either has their
own computer or would like to be the "driver" of the installation.  If
you have a computer, preferably a laptop, that you would like to see
converted, then back it up and bring it on.  Otherwise, we'll supply
the cooking ingredients.

February 17, 2009
6:00 - 8;00

Live on the Internet at http://links.hosef.org/osp

Location: Marine Sciences Auditorium, UH Manoa
http://www.hawaii.edu/campusmap/
click on Marine Science [E4]

Directions: on UH Campus take Dole turn north on East West Rd. – FIRST
LEFT into unnamed access road to lot # 11

Mention to the guard, if there, that you are there for the Open Source Pizza
presentation.

If you want pizza & soft drink after: $8. Otherwise, it is Free.

--scott