[LUAU] FYI - how far Linux has come

David Kiwerski wp2aat at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 12 19:24:49 PDT 2008

I have a Toshiba X205-9800 laptop that I bought about 3 months ago that
includes the NVidia 8700 video card, Intel HDA audio and Intel a/g/n
wireless.   The first distro to correctly identify and properly install
all three sets of drivers was Ubuntu 8.04.   I'm now using KIWI 8.04, as
it includes all the restricted drivers and decoders for playing DVD's,
etc. (it's based on Ubuntu 8.04).   I don't really feel I need the
fingerprint scanner of the extra functions on the touchpad, but I'll try
a later version in a few months.   A far cry from 10 years ago when I
first started, and had to fight just to get an install finished!!

Dave